Friday, January 20, 2012

My Vision

I think as artists we have a vision of what our final piece will look like. For me, it's a matter of how close my final work comes to what I had in mind when I first start a project. Sometimes, the end result far exceeds the first impression and other times, not.

This was my vision for this piece, "Good Morning." I wanted to have some kind of lighting within the piece. Searching the web, I found these mini battery operated LED lights that I thought would work and after installing them in my pieces, they lit up my pieces really nice. I'm happy with the result and have added another "tool" in my toolbox of new experiences.

Does this change this from being a fine art to an utilitarian object? I like it the end result. It's cool and that's what matters!

4 comments:

claydancer said...

Lark Books has a 500 Lights book coming up with a call for entries. This piece would be perfect for that. It is gorgeous! My personal opinion is that utilitarian work can be art as well but this also seems to fall within the category of design.

Carolyn Carter said...

It's really a very cool piece! I love how the lights inside of it really change the dynamic of the structure. Almost like it's alive. It's like it's from another world.

Anthony Foo said...

Hello claydancer.

Thanks for your lead. I'll definitely look into this. I'm familiar with the Lark 500 series as i got my Japanese Demon mask in their 500 Raku book!
Hope you are well and enjoying the clay.
Best regards.

Anthony Foo said...

Hi Carolyn,

The picture does not do it justice. It's really really cool when you see the piece in person, esp in a totally darkened room. Wouldn't it be fun to have a whole bunch of them?

Enjoy!